Friday, November 13, 2009

Drainage

As squatting
staring in to the drainage pit
I wonder who really is in charge
and what it means to be holy

Among the oily rainbow
towering spent dead trees
low sun mid-afternoon
duckweed
imperative to multiply even to excess

Double handrail
golden mean
plumb salinity
zip unrational
emotion unbridled
healthy melancholy

She stays out of my way
because I have been told
to remove myself from view
and use the more private facilities

What's the substance of thought these recent days
what philosophies rememberable or memorable
to exaust the calories on such grey matters
to an explanation unsuitable

The egotic arrogance of man
and the trivialities of their correctnessess
dotting their eyes
crossing their teeth
now we get to the meat
in these four walls
this rationality
one thought to the next
unstrung with silly whims
that surely are wrong
and a one truth is right
and man can see
if not at least king of his hill
to enforce what he wills
in this shithole drainage
the runoff of greed
I almost lost myself
but still searching for her
zip up and down the stairs
building additions to my castle
until I find her again
in this neck of the woods
maybe we can spread some
unwanted today
ignorance disease soma secure
the body knows best and doesn't want to die

0 comments:

Post a Comment