Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ashamed to Weep

And there I was entering the dark chamber
where filthy diseases and crookedness dwell
twisted wicked trees and foul bogs
but peace from men and judgement
expectations and tauntings
just solitude and the moon.


And there I sat reasoning and planning
fleeing from an ego that's suffering
head spinning from tales and rules of men
to keep the lines defined
and the money coming in
somehow I check myself in judgement
but my heart won't quit
and hopes that all who join in that which makes us weep
are destroyed.


Where has this enemy cropped up?
where is it's lair?
who devises the instuments that haunt me
that have fed me since birth?


Black & White
Dollar Signs
on the airwaves so solid and empirical
there are dimensions unreal
and the spectrum unseen
the sound vibrations minus the compact corpuscules
of oxygen, carbon, and nitrogen
imagine the emotion that burns away Earth
feel the fury that chases a former Heaven away.


And in here lonliness I pray
that to be prey to something wild
would be an honor
but in this barren womb
there are more packs of cigarettes
and more pride in politics
to fear a tick and a slow debilitation
to cut down the clover
and poison the dandelion
while children are starving...


Did you hear the thunder?
the octave of vengeance
the panic of holiness
in the face of defeat by wickedness?


Just silence
and the rustling of leaves
Angels speak
and I am ashamed to weep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment